If you want to live healthily, properly and happily, right nutrition is a good start. However, choosing organic and beneficial products plus expelling some noxious and harmful products (junk food mostly) isn’t always enough. When you desire to feed yourself with fresh and healthy goods, correct selection isn’t the only necessary actions. You need to preserve and cultivate the food properly and correctly, too.
See some common and non-traditional tips and ideas for food preservation and cultivation:
- Cultivated vegetables and fruits or the winter supplies (as we call them) are better than frozen commercial products and good. Preserving them in a water bath of a jar saves the vitamins. Besides, in this way you can always have fresh vegan meals even in winter season.
- When you make winter supplies, avoid using bad and festering fruits or vegetables. Choose only qualitative products and make sure they are ripe enough! Avoid both – overripe and under ripe goods.
- Keep cheese, cottage cheese and curds in stainless steel boxes with a bit amount of water. If the cheese becomes too old, sprinkle salt to avoid spoiling.
- Olive and white vinegar saves fresh meat fresh for longer! If you also add some herbs, you can make marinade in advance for super tasty steaks or barbeque.
- The right conservation of eggs dues to hermetical closure of egg pores. In order to make it right, brush the eggs at first and then, dry and let them on fresh air. In a couple of hours grease them with natural oil. Don’t preserve eggs with spices, because they absorb the smell of them.
- Don’t preserve white and wholemeal bread together! They don’t actually like each other!
- To preserve olives for longer and cultivate them in delicious own sauce, soak them in cold water for an hour at first. Then, keep them in a glass jar full of oil.
- If you want to preserve milk for longer, apply the following tactic, when you boil it – add 1 teaspoon sugar and quarter teaspoon baking soda!
- Preserving potatoes in winter must be made in a cold and dry place! If you arrange them on straw, they will save their great taste!
- If you have natural floor surface, avoid keeping fruits and vegetables directly on it. Store them in boxes – better made from wood than plastic ones – and protect your floor! The organic surface will react with the organic compounds of the products and soon you will need hard floor polishing, because your floor will not look very attractive!